cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

If i cancel. Do i have to oay balance in full straight away.  Or can i pay weekly for example? 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You will get a bill immediately which must be paid in full 14 days later.
Help thread here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/hig...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You will get a bill immediately which must be paid in full 14 days later.
Help thread here https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/hig...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

chrisymon
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

That depends on which contract you have and what impact your willing to accept.. 

For example if you have a refesh account you device plan is on credit agreement and any late payment may result in a default notice being applied to your credit proile which may result in you not being able to take out a new contract. So be very careful when doing this.

If however your profile is not in your interests at this moment then there are options you can do to payback over a longer period of time. Once your final bill is produced and you no what is outstanding Make a call to o2 customer services and ask to put through to payment management they should be able to help. 

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 3 of 6

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
You should never suggest a customer defaults on payments. If they want to pay up the balance, why not just continue to pay the monthly bill and not use the phone....

Late payments and defaults stay on your file for 6 years.... thats a long time.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 4 of 6

chrisymon
Level 5: Ponderer
  • 134 Posts
  • 8 Topics
  • 3 Solutions

I wasnt suggesting to defaulot on payment. I was giving options for him to decide for himself and what was in his best interests. If he cannot afford to pay of his contract for finacial reasons probably why he is asking in thje 1st place then instead of ignoring it there are other options than defaulting.

"I work for O2, however any advice or opinion given in this community should be considered my own and not necessarily representative of Telefónica UK Limited." Currently using S7 edge
Message 5 of 6

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I read the post, and basically you suggested going onto a payment plan, this defaulting on the original agreement..... i work in finance wink

and, from what ive read... o2 are quick to register defaults.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 6 of 6