Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling contract

Chelsea1802
Level 1: Joiner
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi I am looking at cancelling my contract with o2 as I have had no end of issues with them trying to keep my contract with them. If I cancel my direct debit with my bank is it the account holder or the bill payer who receives the debt? I am unsure what length contract my phone is under. Also, do I need to obtain my PAC code before cancelling?

Thanks

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23040 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

@Chelsea1802  As you are not the account holder, you would not be issued the PAC. If you cancel the Direct Debit, and the account holder is unaware of it, it could affect their credit rating if the account doesn't get settled. You need to speak to the account holder to get this resolved. There's really no other way around it.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 16

Chelsea1802
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for the reply. I have absolutely no way of getting in touch with the account holder unfortunately. Not through choice
Message 12 of 16

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23040 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions
@Chelsea1802 There must be a way to contact the account holder, either through mutual friends or social media. No one is uncontactable these days.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 13 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122772 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Chelsea1802 

As I said, if you cancel the direct debit, O2 will ask him to settle the bill. If this is a relationship which no longer exists, then he would surely contact you to settle the debt?

You can do this and then the contract can be cancelled (which he has to do)

You then need to take out a contract in your own name, which will involve passing credit checks.

If you are no longer in touch with him for whatever reason, then you need to cut all ties with this contract which is giving you more hassle than you need.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 16

Chelsea1802
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks for your reply. This is what I figured I would end up having to do. Just wanted to keep my mobile number as I have had it for years but seems there's no other way round it
Message 15 of 16

Cleoriff
  • 122772 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

@Chelsea1802 wrote:
Thanks for your reply. This is what I figured I would end up having to do. Just wanted to keep my mobile number as I have had it for years but seems there's no other way round it

To be honest I think you would be better to have a new number @Chelsea1802 

Cut all ties finally.  If this was causing me as much hassle as it is causing you then I would have no problem doing exactly what I have advised you to do. Your ex isn't prepared to be fair to you.. so no need for him to play on your conscience at all.

If you are happy to settle the bill, then do so.  Your obligation to him is then finished.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 16