Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling contract in my name

Kelly1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi, I got a contract for my partner in my name and I know his contract was due an upgrade in August. How do I cancel this contract as we have now split up for good and I no longer what him having it in my name
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kelly1 All information on cancellation is in this guide although you may have to pay early termination fees

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kelly1 All information on cancellation is in this guide although you may have to pay early termination fees

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92905 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

Simply call 202 and give 30 days notice. There may be termination fees but you do need to stop any upgrade going through in your name.

If the split is amicable then perhaps inform your ex what you are doing so he can apply in his own name.

If the split is not amicable, don't forget that legally his phone belongs to you and if necessary you can report it as lost or stolen, in which case the phone will be barred and your ex will then have to apply in his name.

Message 3 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@Kelly1 If your ex does have to apply in his own name he will have to pass a credit check to get a contract.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 5

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Kelly1, did you get a chance to read through all the useful suggestions above? I hope it helps you understand better how to proceed from here, but do come back and let us know if you'd like some more advice slight_smile

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 5 of 5