Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Cancelling contract - advice required

If I don't upgrade at end of my current deal do o2 automatically renew for 18 months or can I cancel at any time after. What I mean is if I do not upgrade at my upgrade date in August but continue to use my current mobile and tariff for couple months can I then cancel contract with nothing to pay at any time.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Cancelling contract - advice required

Your contract carries on as a 'rolling' deal if you don't upgrade, so you can cancel whenever you want by giving 30 days notice, without a charge.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks for that. I am one of the 4:1 mms/texts from abroad brigade who don't know what to do re: upgrading now.
Highlighted
Anonymous

I think there's a lot of people in that boat! I can't see them bringing that back, or improving the standard tariffs, so I would avoid changing if that's an important feature for you.
If you're on a contract that included a phone then it's probably still going to work out cheaper for you to move to Simplicity though, as you'll otherwise be paying about £10 per month on your contract for a phone you don't have (because you haven't upgraded to a new one)
Highlighted
Anonymous

That's true, but remember if you do tha you'll be giving up the 4 for 1. It might be worth working out from past bills how much, if anything, that feature actually saved you. Some people benefit greatly from it, others not nearly as much as they think.