Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Highlighted
Anonymous

Cancelling after upgrade

My sister upgraded to a new contract and handset about 6 days ago. Is she allowed to send the phone back and get the new iPhone 4S handset next friday, or even cancel both the new phone and new contract she signed up to altogether without facing penalty charges?
Highlighted
Anonymous

Re: Cancelling after upgrade

Yes, but I believe the time limit is 14 days. This will mean she has cancelled the whole thing and will have to start from scratch.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Yes, as Brendan says, you cannot simply send the phone back an choose another one, you have to cancel the whole thing and start afresh.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Rather than starting a new thread, I thought I'd be cheeky and tag my question onto this one. I accepted an upgrade yesterday as what they verbally offered me seemed fine for me, however upon receiving the email confirmation I realised that it wasn't what I accepted verbally and have had to ring up today to cancel. Will I go back to my old contract or do I have to cancel the whole thing?
Highlighted
Anonymous

You *should* be reverted to your old tariff. I emphasise should because it doesn't always happen. If you have cancelled the order nothing may have changed anyway, but if it's a return you might be advised to call after 5 days to make sure.
Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks for the quick reply, when I spoke to O2 they told me to refuse delivery of the phone as the order had already been completed. I'll keep a check on the account as I don't want to end up getting locked in an 18 month contract.