Hi how do I cancel a pay monthly contract

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

I would always cancel by phone with a follow up letter unless wanting to keep my number.

Message 11 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/mobile/our-latest-pay-monthly-mobile-agreement

It was Sky i was thinking of. See paragraph 19 for all the options on how to cancel.
Message 12 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
So the address in the help thread to cancel is correct and accepted by O2 as well as ringing them to cancel a contract.
Message 13 of 18

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
So the address in the help thread to cancel is correct and accepted by O2 as well as ringing them to cancel a contract.

So they say......

19 Notices

• 19.1 If you want to end the Agreement for any of the reasons described in paragraph 8.2 or 8.4, you must call customer service and call customer service and give us Notice of at least 30 days.
  • 19.2 Any other type of notice related to this Agreement must be:

• (a) by you in writing and delivered by email, by hand or sent by pre-paid post, to us at the address on your bill or be delivered through the 'Contact Us' section of our Website. You'll need to tell us your full name, address, account number and Mobile Phone number when sending notice through the 'Contact Us' section of the Website; and/or
    • (b) by us in writing by post or email to you at the most recent address you've given us (and you must keep us updated if your details change), or by SMS, MyO2 or bill communication, Website notification or other method of written notification which we may reasonably use to communicate with you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dandy.
Message 15 of 18

MI5
  • 144083 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Doesn't always work though as we find out on here so wise to follow up a month later and check your bank statements too.......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 16 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
It also says you can do it by email I wonder how now they don't deal with emails
Message 17 of 18

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions
Possibly if some one was to send it to the complaints review service or the CEO email address. I've had PAC codes from the CEOs office before as well when I rejected the price rise
Message 18 of 18