17 REPLIES 17

Anonymous
Not applicable

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143407 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It is advisable to call 202 to cancel and not to do it on line (live chat), you can also request a PAC (if required) or transfer to a PAYG account etc whilst on the call.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 18

davethorp
Level 21: Regular
  • 1035 Posts
  • 11 Topics
  • 38 Solutions

If you don't need a PAC then it should be done by sending a recorded delivery letter as per the guide that was linked, so you have proof the notice was received.

If you want to keep your number then again as per the guide you need a PAC which is easiest to get by calling 202. As using a PAC will automatically cancel the account once the number ports out, there is no reason to send a recorded delivery letter

Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
I thought i read something recently about not being able to cancel via letter and that it had to be by phone???? (So retentions could try to keep you as a customer)?????

Personally i would phone CS on 202 and make a note of the name, call centre and team name of who you speak to along with the date and time.

I would also not cancel the direct debit until the final payment has been collected to avoid any issues later as o2 can be quick to affect credit ratings in the event of non payment.
Message 5 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Where have you read that from @Anonymous ?

Do you have a link to that ?
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Going off memory BoB it is just jumping out at me. I will have a look. It might have been o2 or it might have been Sky.
Message 7 of 18

MI5
  • 143407 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
I think there is a comment on the bottom of Dave's thread from someone who disputed the writing in process.....?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok.

I personally would always follow up with a letter via recorded delivery, just as another way of showing a paper-trail to cancel.

Unless a PAC Code had been sought and used.
Message 9 of 18

MI5
  • 143407 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yeah - It's here, but we disputed it.....
http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/685469#M695...

Currently using:
Message 10 of 18