Did you mean: 

Cancelling Virgin Media and O2 Volt SIM Card

Tony1531
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi.

I recently renewed my Virgin Media Contract and, as part of the deal, they moved my mobile phone element over to O2.

VM emailed me the details of the new Contract, but they are wrong and say they cannot match what the Advisor told me on the phone, so I told them to cancel the new Contract.

VM are saying I now have to contact O2 to cancel the SIM. Personally, I agreed the SIM deal with VM and feel they should cancel it, but 'it is what it is'.

What number do I call to cancel this SIM as I have no O2 Account Number to quote?

Many thanks and all the best,

Tony.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11147 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3147 Solutions

@Tony1531 

Virgin Should cancel it for you, as it was part of a bundled offer, and they have mis sold you, as they will also need to rework out the charges for your VM Contract as it is a bundled offer. 

You can try o2 if you have the mobile number of the contract setup by VM

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11147 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 3147 Solutions

@Tony1531 

Virgin Should cancel it for you, as it was part of a bundled offer, and they have mis sold you, as they will also need to rework out the charges for your VM Contract as it is a bundled offer. 

You can try o2 if you have the mobile number of the contract setup by VM

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 3

Tony1531
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi - and thank you for such a quick reply!

I tried to explain to the VM Advisor that they should cancel the SIM as it was part of a deal I agreed with them, but he refused. I asked for the email address of VM's Customer Services, but he said he did not know it and for me to look online. I asked him if he would not mind checking for it (as I was out and would save me logging on and looking for it) and then he said he was not allowed to give it out!

I was so frustrated with him (there is A LOT more than just the above!) that I thought I may as well call O2 myself and be done with it!

I have just got off the phone with O2 - what a pleasant transaction that was, even though I was cancelling a service with them! When the time comes, I'll definitely be calling O2 back!

Thank you for your advice re. using the telephone number allocated to the SIM - it worked a treat!

All the best,

Tony. 

Message 3 of 3