cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Plan After New Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

What a friendly community this looks like slight_smile  (Butters up members, before asking dumb question)

Having joined, I'm on my way out, so our meeting will be brief.

I have my PAC, I have my shiny new SIM, ready to be activated, and although I'm still waiting for my new phone, the new SIM will work in the phone I'm currently using for O2. I was just about to activate the new SIM, and send my PAC to my new provider when I got an email from O2 to say I'd just been billed for this month.

I'm on an O2 Simplicity plan (grrr). Does this mean that if cancel the plan (grrr) now by activating the PAC, I'll get charged for the month even though I've used nothing? Or will I get charged pro-rata? I suspect the former, in which case, it makes more sense to put the new SIM on the shelf for three weeks, activate it then, and use the PAC to terminate my plan (grrr) nearer the end of the month, rather than start paying the newer provider, while I still have a whole month of minutes I've paid O2 for on my existing plan (grrr).

I appreciate I could contact one of the lovely people from CS, but I've been talking to rather a lot of CS people recently, and thought one of the admirable members here may know of the top of their head wink

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144159 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
You have to give (or pay) 30 days notice, so give notice now and use your PAC in 28 days time (a Monday is best) which gives 2 days for the port to happen and get the most use from O2 without paying any further.
Just don't go beyond 30 days of having received your PAC or else it will expire.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144159 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
You have to give (or pay) 30 days notice, so give notice now and use your PAC in 28 days time (a Monday is best) which gives 2 days for the port to happen and get the most use from O2 without paying any further.
Just don't go beyond 30 days of having received your PAC or else it will expire.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

Ah right, sneaky; the CS guy forgot to mention that bit, when he gave me the PAC wink  I shall give notice now. Yes, I knew about the 30 days bit, but good to be reminded. Thanks for the advice.

Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144159 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
No worries, good luck.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4