cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling My Contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have already given notice of cancelling my contract on the online chat. I want to move to PAYG with a different network (GiffGaff) and need to request a PAC code. Once I have the code, what date should I use it? My contract end date is the 19th May 2015. Will I incur an early termination fee? Will my contract be offically cancelled? What is the final bill? Finally, can I still use the same phone with the PAYG sim?

I know it's a lot of questions, so thanks in advance if you answer!

Shannen 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Hopefully this help guide should explain it all http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/td-p/566774

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

Hopefully this help guide should explain it all http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/td-p/566774

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't rely on live chat to cancel your contract. Call CS on 202 for pay monthly or 4445 for payg.

once you receive your pac you can use it anytime within 30 days. When you use it will then generate a final bill

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

if your phone is locked to O2 you will need an unlock code to use it on another network, if you bought it direst from O2 it will be locked!. O2 will give you an unlock code if you have finished your contract it should be free i believe, but stil in contract there wil be a charge. as for your pac code use it straight away once your number changes to your new network your contract with O2 will end and a final bill will be issued!. hope this helps.

Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143448 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
You don't need to unlock phone to use a giffgaff sim.
Request your PAC and use it 2 days before the end of your o2 contract to avoid extra months charges and make full use of your o2 allowances.
Do not cancel your o2 direct debit until you've had your final bill.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous If you are a Pay Monthly contract customer there is no charge to unlock a phone if your contract is still running. With some phones (new iPhones) you usually have to wait six months after release before you can request an unlock code.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 6