cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Monthly Contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi all

I have been trying to cancelled my monthly contract with O2 by live chat for over a month now only to be told by their latest "advisor" that they have no record of any of my three previous chats. Has this happened to anyone alse.? They are now trying to say that I owe them £21.99. I have now written and emiled them to get hard copies in case I need to go to court as I will not pay the £21.99. I cannot believe all this. Is this a scam they do regularly?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

do not use live chat it is proven on here to be usless for all but minor issues

Ring 202 for free.

Or send o2 a letter by snail mail

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

do not use live chat it is proven on here to be usless for all but minor issues

Ring 202 for free.

Or send o2 a letter by snail mail

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

I totally agree with adamtemp64.

If chat are saying they have no record of your previous chats, unless you do, it will be difficult for you to prove. If you should have occassion to use chat again, for your own security you should print off the conversation when the chat has ended. That way you'll have a hard copy should there be a dispute.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Far as I remember you can't cancel via live chat. The real reason for this is cause you get put through to retention to see if they can provide any help to keep your custom. In fairness I have found it to be a bit of a wait but the staff in cancellations/retention are pretty good so give them a gingle. Also there should be a log in the comparison of the centre staff just ask them to look through the list of were they leave the message on the file when they end the call. Hope this helps slight_smile

Message 4 of 4