Did you mean: 

Cancelling Contract

Ralph1982
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there,

I've decided to cancel my contract with o2 and wish to return my phone and receive a full refund. 

I received the phone yesterday (refurbished iPhone 11 Pro). I took out the phone, put in the new sim card, and tried to turn the phone on. Nothing happened, so I plugged it in. After some time an apple logo appeared, followed by a battery empty icon and then a black/blank screen. My phone has now been on charge overnight and does nothing except cycle through the above mentioned displays. I've tried a different cable and charger to no avail.

I have to say I've gone right off refurb phones after this experience, and now question what I was thinking in signing up to such an expensive contract for a used item. In short I made a mistake and I just want reverse everything I've done, I'm not happy. 

O2 do not make it very easy to simply drop an email or press a button requesting commencement of the returns/refund process. 

I want out - how can I do this quickly and correctly? Is there an online form? How do I get hold of it and not just keep getting sent back to troubleshooting guides?

Ralph

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Ralph1982 

Help here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-returns-policy

and here https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

Numbers to call O2 on here Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9988 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions
@Ralph1982

You will need to call Customer Services on 0844 809 0202 to cancel, if you follow the information below to get through to an agent.

To be fair to o2 none of the Mobile Networks make it easy to cancel a contract, and as there is a Credit Agreement it has to be done over the phone.

You will need to call o2 on 0844 809 0202 from a landline to order a new sim card.
when it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.when it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else

Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Ralph1982 

Just to be clear, you do not "cancel" your contract as you are within your change of mind period.

If you simply cancel, you will be charged the full termination fees for your contract.

Invoking the change of mind policy (as I advised above) is the only way to end your agreement without financial penalty.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4