cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

I rang up about 2 weeks ago to cancel my contract as 02 don't sell the phone i wanted to upgrade to. I have recieved no letter or email confirming that it is cancelled. Is there a delay in the email being sent out?

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27652 Solutions
It won't be cancelled until the 30 day notice period is completed
When it does, it will show as a disconnected account in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27652 Solutions
It won't be cancelled until the 30 day notice period is completed
When it does, it will show as a disconnected account in your MyO2 http://www.o2.co.uk/myo2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 6

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
or unless you have ported your number out to a new provider. But you will still have to pay for the full 30days notice period
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23059 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3675 Solutions

That is incorrect. If you ask for a PAC, as soon as you use it, it cancels the contract immediately. You pay pro rata on how many months, or days in the last month that are left on your contract.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Well, that's odd. As the contract states clearly that 30days notice is required.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144290 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27652 Solutions
30 days notice is for billing purposes, if you PAC out before the end of your contract they just bill you to the end. If beyond the end of contract date they just charge you for the days you were still connected to o2.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 6