cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Contract?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am giving my 30 days notice to cancel my contract on the 11th Nov., as my contract ends on the 11th Dec.

What happens afterwards? Do I cancel the direct debit from 11th Dec. also?

Plus I want to keep this number but I will be taking out a completely new contract. So how do I do that?
Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149335 Posts
  • 676 Topics
  • 28494 Solutions
I give up.
Call 202 and cancel the contract
But it has to be done by the person who owns the contract, ie, not you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 21 of 34

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 are useless. The store plus customer service is telling me different things every time.

Thanks for your time
Message 22 of 34

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

You will also have to pass a credit check too and you must be on the Electoral Roll.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 23 of 34

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 23987 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

The current contract is not in your name. You cannot cancel it, even though you are paying for it. It has to be canceled by the person whose name the contract is in. If you follow the advice given to you by MI5 you should be able to do this in store with no problem.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 24 of 34

MI5
  • 149335 Posts
  • 676 Topics
  • 28494 Solutions
Note, you will lose your number by cancelling the current contract unless you move it to a PAYG SIM first.....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 25 of 34

Bambino
  • 23987 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

I don't see this ending well slight_frown

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 26 of 34

MI5
  • 149335 Posts
  • 676 Topics
  • 28494 Solutions
You can only do so much to help......
I can see exactly where this will end up and even predict the next post in a couple of weeks time wink
Message 27 of 34

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

It does help if you have a basic understanding of what a contract is and the obligations incurred and how it works.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 28 of 34

Bambino
  • 23987 Posts
  • 1045 Topics
  • 3773 Solutions

It's unfortunate that the OP has been given conflicting advice by CS and in store. I think if she follows MI5's advice she can sort this quickly, but we can only hope she does. I don't think she's aware of the credit check process either.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 29 of 34

MI5
  • 149335 Posts
  • 676 Topics
  • 28494 Solutions
If it's a franchise store they will want to push her to a new contract. It's wrong but they will be pushing sales targets...... 😞
Message 30 of 34