cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling Contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Girls and Guys,

So back in January 2011 i got myself a 24month contact with 02.. All fine and dandy at first..
Now i have run into a problem, as its now coming up to the end of the contract i was thinking about leaving o2, to get back into a PAYG phone as student life is killing me as it is. 

So ive tried ringing 202 and cancelling every day for the past week, waiting around 45mins to 1hour 15 and still not getting through.. Kind of a joke to be honest, I havent got time to wait around all day!.

Been into my local store, said they could do nothing, surely they should have the power to be able to do this, as they can make a contract.. Another joke..

Last stop the 'My account' online, so cant do it there... But, this is a huge but right here. 
I have just found out my contract renewal was yesterday, YESTERDAY? Excuse me o2 but i got my contract at the end of January... This doesnt exactly add up. 

Am i going to be stuck on another 24month contract now?

But surely, they cannot just asume that i want to go back into the contract as they have sent me no indication that this would happen.. No letter reminding me of renewal, no text message or call from an advisor. 

Can anyone advise?

Thanks
Dave

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

When your contract ends it carries on as a rolling 30 day contact unless you give notice. Bear in mind that this is one of the busiest times of the year to get through to customer service though I have never had to wait the length of times you are quoting.

Unfortunately you do need to speak to them especially as you want to keep your number on P&G. Try early morning or later in the day when queues are likely to be less demanding.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Once your renewal date has expired then it turns into a rilling 30 dat contract. 

Get a PAYG sim and use the online porting foem if staying with O2. This will activate cancellation of your contract and you will be sent a final bill. 

Remember that on MY O2 with a 24 month contract they normally allow you to upgrade a month early.

Message 2 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92929 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

When your contract ends it carries on as a rolling 30 day contact unless you give notice. Bear in mind that this is one of the busiest times of the year to get through to customer service though I have never had to wait the length of times you are quoting.

Unfortunately you do need to speak to them especially as you want to keep your number on P&G. Try early morning or later in the day when queues are likely to be less demanding.

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for the advice, its good to hear that its only a 30 day rolling contract.

Remembered last time i was with 02 (quite a few years ago now) they they would enter you into another 12month, had a big dispute back then about it.

But I shall try and get in contact tomorrow morning or afternoon as I work same hours as 02 themselves, big issue there.

Yea, queues have been horrid... It just didnt seem right in the first place because i didnt get any automated message like "Sorry to keep you waiting, we will be with you shortly"
Just music, constant play back..
Message 4 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Time of year I am afraid. Times to customer services are going to tripled at least.

Message 5 of 5