Did you mean: 

Cancelling Contract in Dads Name

MEGAN1994
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I NEED HELP URGENTLY!!!

When living with my dad we got a contract out in his name (the phone was for me), After about a year or so we changed the bank details to my own, and since then (the past five years) the direct debits have been coming out my account. The email and contact details registered to the account are all in my name as well so all correspondence comes to myself, i am aware this doesnt mean the account is in my name. I no longer speak to my dad, and have no contact with him and dont know anyone that does- but I need to get the account name changed so I can transfer the phone number to the NEW contract that I have now got in my name.

Has anyone got any suggestions?? I know I can just cancel the direct debit- but I do not want to leave my dads name with any debt.

02 Sold me a new contract knowing all of this and said customer services will be able to sort it out no problem!- What a surprise all ive had is about 20 phone calls and one helpful person. Customer service really is terrible

please help!

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@MEGAN1994  If the contract is in your dad's name you need his consent to transfer the number. As far as I'm aware, there's no way around that.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22941 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@MEGAN1994  If the contract is in your dad's name you need his consent to transfer the number. As far as I'm aware, there's no way around that.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 4

MEGAN1994
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

There is no way I can get Consent, I dont even know where he is, so now I am stuck with two phone contracts neutral

Message 3 of 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Unfortunately yes, your father's consent is required.
You may require the services of a private investigator to track him down.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 4