cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled within 14 day grace period but still charged almost a full year.

GazW1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, I signed up for a 12 month Pay monthly SIM with O2 on the 28th of June. I had very unreliable connection at home and at work so I called to cancel the contract within 14 days and received a PAC code which I sent to my new provider, they emailed saying the number would be ported over on the 11th of July. That is exactly 14 days, I got in touch via phone when I received an email saying I would be £83 for my final bill on an £8pm contract. I was told by Customer Service that I would not be charged and to ignore the email but 14 days later I have been charged the full amount listed.

I tried calling CS again yesterday but could barely hear the CS rep due to poor microphone quality. He suggested Live Chat which I have tried and every time I get past the AI I'm told the billing department is busy and to try again. Are any O2 staff able to help via the forums?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11577 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@GazW1 

There is no o2 support staff on this customer to customer forum. 

Your best option is to call the Payment Management team on 0800 902 0217 

Or follow the details here https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 4

GazW1
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi madasaf1sh, I tried the number provided and the automated voice told me that there were a lot of people trying to get in touch again and said they hope to hear from me later then ended the call.

Getting fed up with this, do you think going in to an O2 store would be helpful or shall I just go to the complaints?

Thank you.

Message 3 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11577 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@GazW1 

The store will just tell you to contact customer services, and they wont be able to do anything.. 

I would try again in the morning they open at 8am, and if still no joy, then go down the complaints route

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 4 of 4