cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled pay monthly

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I have 30 days notice on 18th November 2017 for contract but have received an airtime bill with a threat of further minutes being added. Why is this when I paid one month in advance when I bought took out the contract?
Message 1 of 13
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Your final bill should be due now then but call customer service on 202 to check it has been cancelled.
Cancellation guide here for reference
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/How-To-Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566...
Using your PAC will end contract immediately
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I gave 30 days notice, not I have. Sorry.
Message 2 of 13

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Your final bill should be due now then but call customer service on 202 to check it has been cancelled.
Cancellation guide here for reference
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/How-To-Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566...
Using your PAC will end contract immediately
https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-Pay-and-Go/How-to-get-your-PAC-2017-Update/ba-p/1052278
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 3 of 13

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
It would depend on several things.
1) Did you incur any charges outside of your normal allowances? These show up historically, so you would have been billed for these afterwards.
2) How did you give notice? Was it through using a PAC to transfer your number, via live chat, over the phone, etc?
3) It may also be a timing thing, with the bill coming out before the end of the notice period.
There is a help topic at the link below that may be of use:

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 13

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12056 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions
Seems as though I am (as normal) the not fastest poster in the west!
I will mention the OP @Anonymous to make sure she is aware of the reply though...

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks everyone. No I haven't incurred charges as I transferred my number. I'll contact 02 direct. Cheers.
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh, I gave notice via 02 guru online chat when requesting the PAC. In used the PAC approximately 3 weeks later.
Message 7 of 13

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

If the PAC has been used, the contract has ended.
That will just be your final bill you have received now.

It will take another month to process the payment and calculate any charges or refunds, but if you are owed anything you will get it back.

Anything over £20 is credited automatically but anything less will mean you having to call to chase it up.

Currently using:
Message 8 of 13

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

Please don't cancel the direct debit until the final bill is paid and you have a zero balance. Many people are Unaware that they have debts of piddling amounts only for it to come back and bite them on their bums years down the line. 

Message 9 of 13

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @Anonymous have you had a chance to speak to O2 about this yet? 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 10 of 13