Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled order and credit check

Sonwal
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I upgraded online to get an iPad but it just turned out that after paying and sorting the contract O2 can't deliver for Xmas (despite them saying it was in stock and would be delivered 24 seb between 8-10am ). I have now cancelled the order and repurchase my iPad else where. Will this leave a credit mark on my file and affect my credit ? I am furious !
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143442 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Credit checks will drop off after a couple of weeks. There's no lasting negative effects.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions
Message 3 of 6

Sonwal
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I really hope so ..
Message 4 of 6

Sonwal
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
It's almost as if the upgrade team were on the ball for their Xmas bonuses. Surprisingly I also got calls after calls from the " upgrade team ". I am a full time working /commuting mum so I didnt have time to chat on the phone so decided to order online. I feel like I have been played just so they could get their numbers in for Xmas .
Message 5 of 6

RandomGuy
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
That's just not true, credit checks stay on file for 12 months and have a effect on credit rating. Since this person has been checked by o2 and then another company this will have a negative impact on credit rating. If o2 miss sold this product then they should remove the search and compensate the wronged person.
Message 6 of 6