cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled my contract but still getting billed

Anonymous
Not applicable

Beginning of december when my contract was up for renewal it was a better option to cnacel with o2 and take out a new contract with new number and new phone with...o2. i cancelled beginning of dec and was told i would receive final bill. I told the lady i already have new phone and she said most likely it wont be anything since linerental is paid for in advanced. anyway. i got a new bill through (aswel as a bill for my new phone which is normal) so i rang up again. i spoke to a lady and she confirmed to me that i did ring up to cancel but it never was :S. so she put me on hold a few times and finally cancelled it. but now heres the weird/worrying thing. she said i would prob get another bill next month open_mouth but just ignore it as she spoke to retnetion and she will credit my account or my bank. im very confused and unsure about this. like i told her, i am still with o2 but didnt upgrade as it was cheaper to be a new customer. is this normal what she has told me?

I am looking at my old account on o2 website and it is showing my next billdate is feb2nd. 

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
I spoke with an online adviser. He said i will be billed again in Feb then receive final bill in March. Its not huge amounts but i will need to borrow money to pay this off since i effectively ha e 2 phone bills a month. I don't know its like this. My new contract was done via phonrs4u. Much cheaper than upgrade

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

If you are owed any money they will normally credit it to your account.

I don't know why you cancelled the upgrade though as the deals are the same for new and old customers.

If you get away with keeping the new phone too you're lucky as normally they want it returned.

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable
I spoke with an online adviser. He said i will be billed again in Feb then receive final bill in March. Its not huge amounts but i will need to borrow money to pay this off since i effectively ha e 2 phone bills a month. I don't know its like this. My new contract was done via phonrs4u. Much cheaper than upgrade
Message 3 of 3