cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled my contract 2 months ago and they're still billing me!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello I hope someone can help.

I phoned customer services at the end of February to cancel my contract before the due date in April. I did not want to keep my old number and did not request a pak code. I got the call 2 weeks later trying to get me to come back, so it's on their system that I have left/in process of leaving. I checked my email and o2 account today to discover they billed me for April which is fine but they are also billing my for May and June. I went to the shop to have a chat with them and they told me the account is still active. Anyone else had this problem? I know I should phone customer services but I don't want to be stuck paying for a phone and a number that doesn't exist anymore! Any advice from anyone to help me when I speak to them?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22944 Posts
  • 1023 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

Well at least you've now gotten to the bottom of it and have a partial refund. It does sound a bit of a roundabout way of having to do it all, but it looks as if you will eventually get this resolved. Glad to hear it. slight_smile

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 11 of 12

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143456 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
The system does seem to be geared up to the PAC cancelling the contract, but as you found out, not everyone wants to keep their number so there should be other measures in place.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 12