Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled contract

Na2
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I cancelled my contract the same day I got it and never took delivery of my phone. For some reason I am being hounded by 02 for £18.13 when I have never seen the phone let alone use it. You even refunded my deposit back. Please confirm what is going to be done about this?? 
this is the account number . I do not know the phone number as I never used it 

thanks 

[mod edit: please do not post phone numbers on the public board. Thanks!]

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Na2 You need to follow this up and make sure that there is no money outstanding on your account. If O2 thinks you have a bill to pay, they will put a negative marker on your credit file, which is difficult to remove and time consuming. It may be just a computer glitch, but you need to get written confirmation from O2 that there is nothing for you to pay. We've seen people go through nightmares for amounts less than what O2 says you owe.

If you're not comfortable going through social media, call 202 from your mobile, 0800 032 1402 from any phone or numbers in this link: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Upgrade', 'Lost/Stolen', or 'Fraud' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9984 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@Na2 

Please remove all personal data, that you have posted above, as you are liable for any scammers who use your name and number to scam you, as this is a public forum. 

We’re just customers like you but it sounds like you’ll need someone to access your account which can’t be done from here. If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Na2 You need to follow this up and make sure that there is no money outstanding on your account. If O2 thinks you have a bill to pay, they will put a negative marker on your credit file, which is difficult to remove and time consuming. It may be just a computer glitch, but you need to get written confirmation from O2 that there is nothing for you to pay. We've seen people go through nightmares for amounts less than what O2 says you owe.

If you're not comfortable going through social media, call 202 from your mobile, 0800 032 1402 from any phone or numbers in this link: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 
When it comes to the reason you are calling, stay silent for 15 seconds and you will be taken to the keypad options.
Press 2 for Everything Else
Press 5 for More Options
Press 7 for Anything Else which will put you though to someone.
Say 'Upgrade', 'Lost/Stolen', or 'Fraud' if the suggestion above doesn't get you through.
Best time to call is 8 am.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 3