cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled contract not received phone back

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I upgraded to a phone contract from my SIM only on 26 Feb 15 and decided to cancel it to go back to SIM only.

I contacted O2, who told me to reject the parcel on 27 Feb 15, which I did.

Nearly 1 month later, they haven't received the phone back, despite telling me twice that they had (I have evidence on email).

To make matters worse, they are now charging me for the contract, even though they can clearly see on the tracking that I've not received it.

I have contacted them nearly ten times now and keep getting mixed answers. That is of course, if their live chat will actually work.

Any advice?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

In this instance I would respectfully suggest you forget live chat and speak to customer service. They should be able to track it on the system. The courier obviously won't have your signature on delivery though it's not been unknown for phones to go walkabout when refusing delivery. If speaking to O2 doesn't resolve it for you, make an official complaint via the link at the foot of the page.

How to complain

Message 2 of 6

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Please do not contact live chat for this issue. You should be speaking to somone from customer services

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable
Was this through a courier such as dpd or UK mail
Message 4 of 6

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Oh no, the dreaded UK mail! If they're your courier then it'll take a fight to sort it out.
Good luck.

Charlie.
Message 5 of 6

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I've never been a fan of the 'refuse delivery' system...too many outside factors for my liking. I would accept delivery and send it back Special Delivery via Royal Mail and at least you get to see the signature.

Message 6 of 6