cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled contract but just got a full bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used webchat last month and gave 30 notice to cancel my contract as it was due for renewal but have just recevied a bill today from O2 want another months money off me...!!!

I haven`t used my O2 sim card for months so there will be NO charges on my account .

New they would try to scam me for another months money. 

Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You really need to speak to O2 rather than webchat, especially for account closure. Did you keep a copy of the chat transcript? Call 202 and explain the situation.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

jonsie
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You really need to speak to O2 rather than webchat, especially for account closure. Did you keep a copy of the chat transcript? Call 202 and explain the situation.

Message 2 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks , I have just spoke to O2 and they say my contract will end after the 30 days but i will still get a bill and have to request a refund at the end for the months money!!! Well I wont be paying it in the 1st place so will save mine and there time in asking for a refund. 

Message 3 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

O2 will just stick a default on your credit file then if you dont bother to pay the bill, not a very smart idea as it can mess up future credit applications you make.

Message 4 of 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

But my point is I have already paided upto the date my O2 contract ends but O2 want me to pay "another" month in advance for a O2 service I won`t have and then for ME to apply for it to be refunded back!!

Message 5 of 6

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
As already stated, if you call 202 and explain they will sort it for you. It sounds like your cancellation wasn't processed correctly which does happen occasionally. You will be refunded within 14 days.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6