Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled Upgrade

Emz891
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I placed an upgrade on Saturday but ordered the wrong size ipad. Within just a few hours I called to cancel. A colleague advised that he would send an email and it would be cancelled and I could reupgrade Monday.

The ipad was still dispatched on Sunday. However, Monday O2 initiated a return and it was returned to sender. It never actually went out for delivery to myself. 

I spent abousolutly ages yesterday on online chat and phone calls. I was given different information each time. 02 keep referring to it as a return. However, it isn't as I am not returning it. That is between 02 and DPD. You can clearly see from the system it is being returned by the tracking details. 

I just want to order the right size ipad before they go out of stock. However, one minute they say I can reorder on Monday. Next I am told I have to wait for it to be marked as returned. You can see it is being returned and not by myself.

I just want this resolved. Tempted just to go order elsewhere 

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Emz891
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've now been told I can reorder and then my original upgraded sim can be cancelled with no penalty 😧

Message 11 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147299 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28305 Solutions

@Emz891 

Make sure it's cancelled within 14 days https://www.o2.co.uk/help/device-and-sim-support/returning-your-device

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 12 of 15

Emz891
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am not sure I believe them. I have the chat log confirmed there will be no charge. The sim I upgraded was sim only and I thought it was tied into contract but that isn't what the chat colleague told me

Message 13 of 15

Emz891
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I had no contact or emails from 02. However, I went into the app today and it gave me the option of upgrading for free again. 

Message 14 of 15

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147299 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28305 Solutions

You're all set then @Emz891 👍

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 15