Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled Contract

Fido
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hello. I purchased a Sim-~Only contract a little while ago, then informed O2 I wanted to cancel within the 14-day change-of-mind period. Before I cancelled, I received my first monthly bill. Because I then cancelled, I also cancelled the direct debit. I'm now being told my bill is overdue. My O2 online account has 'Disconnected Bill' listed under products and services. Despite the fact I have cancelled and never used this sim, am I still expected to pay this bill?
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Fido 

The issue is, that O2 will bill you on your bill date and then refund money if you return within the 14 day cooling off period

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

If you’ve taken out a sim only contract in store, over the phone or online, you can change your mind within 14 days of receiving your order. If you do want to cancel your agreement, contact us to let us know and we’ll get it sorted. We won’t ask you to return your sim, all you need to do is cut the sim in half once it’s stopped working.

We’ll give you back all the payments you’ve made, apart from any buy-out fee from your previous contract or any express delivery charges. You also have to pay any usage charges you’ve had in that time.

However we have no access to your account so you really need to ring customer services urgently. If there is an outstanding balance and O2 are unable to collect it, then you will find yourself with a default on your credit file which is the last thing you want or need.

Ring them asap. They are open now Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@Fido 

The issue is, that O2 will bill you on your bill date and then refund money if you return within the 14 day cooling off period

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

If you’ve taken out a sim only contract in store, over the phone or online, you can change your mind within 14 days of receiving your order. If you do want to cancel your agreement, contact us to let us know and we’ll get it sorted. We won’t ask you to return your sim, all you need to do is cut the sim in half once it’s stopped working.

We’ll give you back all the payments you’ve made, apart from any buy-out fee from your previous contract or any express delivery charges. You also have to pay any usage charges you’ve had in that time.

However we have no access to your account so you really need to ring customer services urgently. If there is an outstanding balance and O2 are unable to collect it, then you will find yourself with a default on your credit file which is the last thing you want or need.

Ring them asap. They are open now Guide: How to find help & contact O2 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

Fido
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thank you.
Message 3 of 4

Cleoriff