Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation of the existing pay monthly plan

Cac1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am an overseas visitor and applied for the 12 months deal in O2 last year. However, due to covid-19 epidemic, I returned to my home country much earlier than I expected. Now I want to cancel my plan earlier but the fact is that it is quite difficult and expensive to contact O2 teams from overseas. Is there any idea that I can solve this problem as quickly as possible?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Cac1 Here is a guide on how to cancel your contract: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-your-contract-An-updated-guide/ba-p/1234852#M...

You are responsible for the time remaining on the contract and will have to pay an early termination charge.

If you need to speak to customer service you can call for free using Skype. A guide on how to use Skype and the numbers available to call are in this link: Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support Try 0800 977 7337 first. If calling from abroad you will have to use +44800 rather than 0800. Use the Lost/Stolen or Fraud option if you have to, to get through. 

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 6

Cac1
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. Actually I have read the guidance before, but I found that I cannot send the text message to get the STAC code, I wonder how I could end my payment plan if I cannot receive the code as normal?

Message 3 of 6

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Cac1 You can take a look at this earlier guide which gives an address to write to, and also a template of the letter you would need to send. You just don't need to include the 30 days notice part, as you no longer need that. https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774#M56526

You can also try to call customer service using the link I provided you above. If you use Skype, the call is free. You just have to be aware of the time difference where you are. Best time to try to get through is 8 am UK time.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 6

Cac1
  • 5 Posts
  • 3 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you. By the way, how to find the STAC code on My O2 app or website? Thanks.

Message 5 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Cac1 

To obtain a STAC code text STAC to 75075

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 6