cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation of contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am probably answering my own question here, but is phoning O2 the only way to 'notify' for  the 30 day cancellation clause? One of my numbers reaches the end of its 12 month contract term in 6 days and its non-use has convinced me to be shot of it when its time is up.

Poor O2 website layout to navigate and find what you need to find aside, speaking to an online  O2 rep isn't enough to cancel? Has to be via phone? Reason I ask is that I spend a lot of time on the phone in the workplace and its nice to have a break from it outside that.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

To be honest using web chat will find you frustrated at repeating yourself and not 100% certain that your contract will end at the requested time, if at all.

Best advice is definitely speak to them on 202 or 8002 if a business account.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92921 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

To be honest using web chat will find you frustrated at repeating yourself and not 100% certain that your contract will end at the requested time, if at all.

Best advice is definitely speak to them on 202 or 8002 if a business account.

Message 2 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your reply. Does feel that O2 tries everything to force you to stay with them.

Given me food for thought for when my second phone contract term is up, definately be looking elsewhere then.

Message 3 of 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
19.3 References in this Agreement to “in writing“ include email and notices to us must be delivered through the ‘Contact Us’ section of our Website, or to you at the most recent email address you’ve given us. You’ll need to tell us your full name, address, account number and Mobile Phone number when sending notice through the ‘Contact Us’ section of the Website.

so you can always send a letter to o2 details for correspondence are in the contact us section or use the hidden email webform https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help?q1=1&qid=1 a google search for "email o2" brings that page up.
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 4 of 5

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

You still have to give 30 days notice, so if your 12 months expires in what is now probably 5 days, it will become a one month rolling contract, making your time to pay on this contract 13 months.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 5