cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancellation o2 refresh contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I got a o2 refresh contract on a refurb HTC One M8, decided to pay off the phone and cancel the contract with o2. All within the cooling off period. But now i have realised o2 made me pay the first month and is now requesting the payment of the whole plan for early termination (more than £500)! Chat is closed for some reason so I have no idea what's happening. Anybody had the same issue?

Thanks,

Matthieu 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
If you have paid off the handset the airtime fee can be cancelled without penalty but you must still give notice on the airtime and therefore a minimum of one month must be paid.
The full contract fee request will be an error (or the systems haven't caught up yet) and you would be best advised to call 202 tomorrow to discuss this with CS.
I would advise not to be tempted to use live chat for this enquiry.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144138 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27604 Solutions
Sunday opening times for CS are 08:00 - 18:00
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3