Did you mean: 

Cancellation Question

Waffles1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

HI, 

I have 2 phones on my account, one of which is used by my mother. She wants to move her number across to another network, and we know that we'll have an early termination fee to pay as there is still 6 months left on the contract. My mother can't be there at the time I will call up to get the PAC, so can't make the payment. Is it possible to use the online account and pre-pay the termination fee before I call up? As in if my account is in credit, will they use that amount first before charging my card with anything left?

Message 1 of 9
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, any account credit on the account been cancelled can be used towards the termination fee.
The termination fee remaining will be added to the final bill so does not have to be paid at the time of requesting the PAC.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
Yes, any account credit on the account been cancelled can be used towards the termination fee.
The termination fee remaining will be added to the final bill so does not have to be paid at the time of requesting the PAC.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 9

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

You don't need to pre-pay the termination fee. As soon as the PAC is activated by the new network provider, the contract on that phone will automatically be cancelled, and a final bill will be generated. Just to be on the safe side, you should speak to Customer Service and confirm that you only intend to cancel one phone on the account.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 9

Waffles1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Really? I'd have thought they'd charge me the termination fee when I ask for the PAC?

Message 4 of 9

Bambino
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

No. Some people ask for their PAC but then change their mind and don't use it. The PAC is good for 30 days.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 9

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

@Waffles1 wrote:

Really? I'd have thought they'd charge me the termination fee when I ask for the PAC?

No, as above, they will generate the final bill once you use the PAC.

Currently using:
Message 6 of 9

Waffles1
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Would activating my PAC, allow me to go to say Carphone Warehouse and get an upgrade? (obviously still need to pay the early termination fee)

Message 7 of 9

Bambino
  • 22942 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

You only need a PAC if you're switching to another network. If you're just upgrading you'll still be with O2.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 9

MI5
  • 143422 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
You can't upgrade if you use the PAC as this cancels the account so you would need to take a new contract at CPW and then give the PAC to the new network you have chosen.

Currently using:
Message 9 of 9