Did you mean: 

Cancellation Help

Kris1
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Afternoon all,

I've managed to get myself into quite a predicament, i've recently joined online banking & noticed £30 a month is being taken out of my account for a O2 contract. However my contract ended roughly a year ago of which i was assured it would just terminate once the 2 years were up, which has not been the case. My fault should have investigated it further. Since then i am now on a SIM only deal on the same phone however i fear i do not have the correct details to go forward with canelling it through the current process being i don't have the papers which supplies the information such as my old mobile/account number. Is they any way around this?

Regards,

Kris

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you look on online banking @Kris1 you'll find inside the transaction of the O2 charge(s) something called a GED number which links the banking transaction to your account.  If you give that to whoever you are talking to in  the billing section of customer services, they should be able to track down your details quite easily. You will then need to close your account per the details referred to in the guide.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions

Hi @Kris1

You need to call customer services to sort this out and we have a guide to calcelling here for you https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/How-to-Guides/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/ba-p/566774

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you look on online banking @Kris1 you'll find inside the transaction of the O2 charge(s) something called a GED number which links the banking transaction to your account.  If you give that to whoever you are talking to in  the billing section of customer services, they should be able to track down your details quite easily. You will then need to close your account per the details referred to in the guide.

Message 3 of 4

EmilieT
Former Staff
  • 5434 Posts
  • 304 Topics
  • 65 Solutions

Hi @Kris1smiling Have you made any progress on this or do you need further help? I hope the info from our members above was helpful, and welcome to the forum!

Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Want to chat with other fellow-minded members? Head to our Off-topic section for some interesting chit-chat.
Check out our Priority board for tickets & offers updates, and to discuss all things Priority-related!
Welcome to O2! - New to O2? Find out all you need to know to get started!

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4