Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceling my expired contract

Harrison1988
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I have called to cancel my monthly SIM as my contract has finished and I don't use the SIM ever!
I was told it would be canceled in Feb! Why am I still getting bills still in April! Customer services is an absolute joke why isn't there online personnel available
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Harrison1988
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
And before anyone states the obviously I'm aware of covid-19 but my cancellation should have taken place in FEBRUARY
Message 2 of 8

O2Hannah
O2 Support
O2 Support
  • 25 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi there!

I would call our customer services on 202 and check with our teams as to where your cancellation got up to, as web chat services are currently unavailable. 

You will usually get a final bill after a cancellation, but the customer service teams will help clear up what's happened!

Hannah

signature
Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Harrison1988 

How to cancel here Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Harrison1988
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hannah I am unable to do that as customer services lines aren't open it keeps cutting me off....
Message 5 of 8

Harrison1988
  • 4 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
@MI5
Thank you for the link, full of useful info but none to me. I don't require a. PAK or STAK code as I will not be keeping this number nor joining a new network. So both pointless to me but thank you, much appreciated.
Message 6 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143429 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions

@Harrison1988 wrote:
@MI5
Thank you for the link, full of useful info but none to me. I don't require a. PAK or STAK code as I will not be keeping this number nor joining a new network. So both pointless to me but thank you, much appreciated.

I want to terminate my contract but am not signing up to a new mobile network

Two options here. You can follow the original guide linked above or you can get a PAYG sim for any network that is different to the one you are leaving and give them a STAC code to close down your old account

Then destroy the new sim card

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 8

O2Hannah
  • 25 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

That's a good alternative suggested by @MI5 !

Please bare with customer services. They are super busy at the moment with more traffic and a reduced team. You should be able to get through if you persevere. 

Hannah

signature
Message 8 of 8