cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceling an Upgrade

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

I upgraded my contract on Wednesday 9th December via Carphone Warehouse.   Part of the upgrade was moving from 3g to 4g.

However, we have since found that the 4g coverage with 02 is non-existent in our area (Whitworth, Lancashire, OL12 8).

What are my rights (if any) around cancelling an upgrade?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144184 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You can cancel within 14 days for no reason but as 4g is free it wouldn't be a reason to cancel otherwise.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
  • 144184 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
You can cancel within 14 days for no reason but as 4g is free it wouldn't be a reason to cancel otherwise.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 4

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23047 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3674 Solutions

As @MI5 has said, you can get 4G in other areas, so if you're not at home all the time you'd be able to avail yourself of 4G when you can get a signal. In any event, as you did the upgrade through Carphone Warehouse, if you did want to cancel you'd have to go through them.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 3 of 4

MI5
  • 144184 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27632 Solutions
Just take it back and tell them you have changed your mind.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 4