Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel pay monthly account without being charged extra

djohn316
Level 1: Joiner
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Not sure if this is the right place posting this.

So I came to the UK from Australia for 12 months work placement in Jan 2018, I went in on Jan 18th and told them my situation and they sold me a 12 month contract telling me that after I had left to call them up to cancel my service.

I arrived back to Australia 2 days ago and have rung them up, they told me the earilest they could cancel my pay monthly contract would be the 25th/jan/19. But as I signed up on the jan 18th, would'nt that mean I would have to pay for a 13th month which I dont want. I orginally asked for a pay as you go number and they told me they could port my account to pay as you go in 3 businnes days, but when I told them I wouldnt be in the UK they told me it was not an option. 

Pretty much I am paying 25GBP for my contract for this month when ive only used 3 days of it and I really dont want to be forced to pay another 25GBP for another month which I dont want nor am able to use in Australia, in fact this sim wont even be turned on. Do I have any options?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

djohn316
  • 5 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Sorry for the confusion! But surely if I do this and get my pay monthly changed on the 27th then I wont have to pay for the 13th month which is what I want?
Message 11 of 13

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
No, they will still add the final month to your contract bill.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93177 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

You were awfully mis-sold a contract in the first place given that you only used 200MB data. You needed to make this the basis of your complaint. Or maybe there was a misunderstanding somewhere. Even a 30 day contract would have needed the same notice so they haven't advised you fully initially.

Message 13 of 13