cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel my contract

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was 13 months in to a 24 month contract and I broke my phone (with no insurance). The contract was under my Grandmother's name and she paid off the outstanding amount owed for the handset (£250) and believed that, that contract was now over. I have opened up a new contract so it's under my name and not hers and I've just had an email to say last months bill wasn't paid for the airtime on my old number.

I can't speak to O2 as the account isn't in my name and they refuse to speak to me and my Grandmother doesn't understand what O2 are saying.

Can anyone help? I

Message 1 of 11
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Only your Grandmother can sort this out with O2 or she can give them permission to talk to you after calling them.
Use cs on 202 when they are open.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Only your Grandmother can sort this out with O2 or she can give them permission to talk to you after calling them.
Use cs on 202 when they are open.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 11

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
Opening times
Monday - Friday 08:00 - 21:00
Saturday 08:00 - 20:00
Sunday 08:00 - 18:00

Currently using:
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the response, but when she 'cancelled' the contract previously she asked if I could call separately to speak to O2, I know the passwords on the account and they said no, that's not possible. Is there anything I can do online? 

Message 4 of 11

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions
You both need to be on the call together and after she passes security checks she can ask for you to speak to them.
I wouldn't recommend using the online chat for this issue.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your repy, but we live 50 miles away from each other so that isn't an option. Back to square one!

Message 6 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for your repy, but we live 50 miles away from each other so that isn't an option. Back to square one!

That will create a problem then...as said previously you will both need to be present when she calls...:smileysad:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

Can the grandmother not call, give 'power of attorney' on the account to OP, and then when the call is completed the OP then phones?

Message 8 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122810 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Can the grandmother not call, give 'power of attorney' on the account to OP, and then when the call is completed the OP then phones?

As I understand it Phill....they both have to be present on a call to do this. CS need to speak to both parties involved?

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 11

MI5
  • 144166 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27624 Solutions

Maybe @Anonymous can advise?

Currently using:
Message 10 of 11