Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel contract within 14 day cool off period

straughandog
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Worst customer service ever, I've phoned at least 6 times over the last week to try and cancel my contract and get a Pac code, only to be cut off 3 times after holding for over half an hour then eventually be told that I would receive the Pac code via email which never arrived, still trying to get the code, total nightmare to deal with in past experience with other providers getting a Pac code has never been a problem.  

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@straughandog 

Help guides here 

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

MI5
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@straughandog 

Help guides here 

Guide: How to get your PAC [June 2021 Update] 

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 10

straughandog
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

The problem am having is with been in the cool off period they are saying it needs to go through customer services / the retention team otherwise I will get charged for the remining period in the contract, Initially when phoning they are happy to give out the code until they realise its within the cool off period.

Message 3 of 10

MI5
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@straughandog 

You can still text to get your PAC upfront then If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with cancelling.
Thanks.

If you message O2 on Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) , they should be able to help you with this.
Thanks.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 10

discoglitter
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Would asking for PAC/STAC via text then using with another provider also cancel the contract whilst in the cooling off period?

Message 5 of 10

MI5
  • 144070 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions

@discoglitter As long as it's all done within 14 days.....

Currently using:
Message 6 of 10

discoglitter
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hey @MI5 this is the message I got when requesting STAC, do I actually need to call them (I'm on SIM only via Virgin Volt? 

Hi, it's O2. Here's your STAC: <code>. It expires on 20**Personal info**. You're still in your Change-Your-Mind period, so if you choose to switch and return your device or sim, you'll only pay for the airtime you've used. If you want to hold onto your device or sim it will cost you £171.12, this is the balance remaining on your contract. If you're on sim only, you'll need to call us before we can process your switching request. Your final bill will include any out-of-bundle charges like Charge To Mobile. Log in to My O2 to see your switching info: accounts.o2.co.uk/signin. For more details go to o2.co.uk/switch or call 202 for free from your O2 mobile.

Message 7 of 10

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10120 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2995 Solutions

@discoglitter 

Be very carefully with Volt, and I would call Virgin First before doing anything, as you have agreed a contract which includes both an o2 sim and VM Broadband and as such you need to cancel the whole thing, other VM may come at you for the full cost of your package. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 8 of 10

Dando83
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Was told same about the charges and waiving them. But, 12 hours later, no PAC.

I've switched many many times in the past and the PAC has always been sent to me before I'm done the phone call with the provider. 

Message 9 of 10

Dando83
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Had a go on O2 live chat today. Agent said he could see I was due a PAC today....just wait he said. In retrospect, I now realise he was just reading yesterday's file notes, rather than checking first hand that what was written was technically being followed up on.  Close of business day has come and gone, and no PAC.  

So, despite the tale O2 told me yesterday that a PAC had to come from a customer service agent, I requested one by text (PAC to 65075) and it came instantly. 

I'll take my chances that there's now a paper trail long enough that if they levy any charges, I can get them reversed.  O2 customer service team was duly notified by me I wanted to leave in my cooling off period.

Message 10 of 10