cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Contract Question

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

I was just wondering if I was to cancel my contract 2 months before my contract ends, does that mean I have to pay the remaining bill until February?

After I have cancelled my contract, will I be able to get my old number from my iPhone 4S to my new iPhone 6? I have found a cheaper deal on moneysupermarket for the iPhone 6 on O2 but it is a new contract, a new contract means a new number. Am I able to retrieve my old number and get that assigned to my iPhone 6?

Thanks in advance.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144151 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Yes, you will need to pay early termination fees and yes you can keep your number, but, take the new contract first and then call CS on 202 to transfer your number to the new contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
Maybe speak to retentions at O2 on 202 to see if they'll match the deal you've found.

http://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly-and-Pay-Go/Cancelling-Your-Contract-A-Guide/m-p/566774/high...
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Why not just upgrade directly with o2? Keep the same number just pay the shortfall?

Assumes o2 will match the deal you have seen given that it is from them anyway?
Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144151 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27623 Solutions
Yes, you will need to pay early termination fees and yes you can keep your number, but, take the new contract first and then call CS on 202 to transfer your number to the new contract.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122800 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

If you cancel your contract you will have to pay the outstanding balance.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Because the deal is cheaper, I calculated it for the 24 months and it came out cheaper compared to upgrading directly with O2 which comes out with £1000+ while the cheaper deal is only £912 for 24 months.

Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
If not having the Refresh Tariff is not a deal breaker then it's your choice.

Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
Personally I would ask the question of retentions. If they agree to match it would be a lot simpler for you.
Message 8 of 8