cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel Contract Early - Outstanding Bill

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, I have cancelled my contact early on Tuesday 10th. Its supposed to run out on the 24th April. I was told it would cost me £49.98 to settle it.

However, o2 have a bill for my 02 unlimited account from 8th Feb to 7th March for the £37.99 that I usualy pay.

This leaves me with £11.99 outstanding.

Can they not take it all in one go??

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Anonymous 

That bill came out on the 8th, meaning before the 10th,the date your number got disconnected.So there's 2 separate bills.Also it takes 14 days for the final bill to be produced> In pratical terms you will have a bill coming out around the 22nd and another one around the 17th, so nearly a month in between them.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous

Unfortunately not as the billing cycle doesn't work like that sadly...

You will have to leave your direct debit in place until your balance is 0.00

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
The computer generates the final bill and takes into account that you don't have to pay for any bolt ons and nor should you have to pay the VAT.
I would just accept that as final figure but leave the direct debit in place for a month after just in case they decide to bill you any more.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought you could offer to pay it off in full, and get a small (maybe 15%) discount for doing so? Sure I did that with an old O2 contract? Then cancel dd

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143417 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
All the details of what the payment is made up of will be shown in "My O2"
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 do offer a discount if you are looking to "speed to refresh" from an old style contract.

Otherwise these days it is full settlement of non refresh contracts with little budging so to be honest I think it isn't worth cancelling.
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @Anonymous 

That bill came out on the 8th, meaning before the 10th,the date your number got disconnected.So there's 2 separate bills.Also it takes 14 days for the final bill to be produced> In pratical terms you will have a bill coming out around the 22nd and another one around the 17th, so nearly a month in between them.

Message 7 of 8

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Which is why we always recommend leaving the direct debit in place for at least a month after contract ends wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 8