Welcome to the O2 Community

Has your question already been answered? See the community FAQ's

Pay Monthly

Anonymous

Can you cancel contract midway through term?

I entered into a 24 month contract with o2 in November 2008. Previously I was on a Sim Only contract for a couple of years.
However, 6 or 7 months in I am unhappy with my current contract/tariff and unimpressed with the Samsung G600 - it promised so much, but delivered less, compared to my previous Sony Ericsson models.

Can you cancel the contract after such a short time, and if so what are the proceedings?
What kind of penalties would I have to pay?

Thanks in advance.
Anonymous

In the off-chance O2 agree to it, they would make you pay the remaining months of your contract in advance in full, in one lump sum payment. But they don't have to agree and chances are they will just tell you you can't cancel and have to see it through to the full term - after all it is a legally binding contract that you signed.
Anonymous

Jeez :mansurprised: that harsh?
That'd be almost £600, not doing that then, no way!!!

What about changing tariff then? Can that be done?
Anonymous

In the off-chance O2 agree to it, they would make you pay the remaining months of your contract in advance in full, in one lump sum payment. But they don't have to agree and chances are they will just tell you you can't cancel and have to see it through to the full term - after all it is a legally binding contract that you signed.

They can't stop you from cancelling, you have the right to cancel at ANY time in contract, just as you said it will be with term fees.
Anonymous

Jeez :mansurprised: that harsh?
That'd be almost £600, not doing that then, no way!!!
What about changing tariff then? Can that be done?

You can downgrade the tariff after 9 months of contract, you can up the tariff at any time.