cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't you exhange / swap a device within the cool off period?

imnomee
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I received device 2 days ago

today i tried to contact the customer service team and asked if i can exchange / swap device

not cancel the account.

here is the link for change of mind policy page:

https://www.o2.co.uk/help/phones-sims-and-devices/our-change-of-mind-policy

first the rep says:

That information if for the upgrade order. As you have open new account if you return the device your account will be cancelled.

then the rep says:

I am sorry for the trouble. We can exchange the device if you have received faulty device and need another same device.

then the rep says:

I am sorry for the inconvenience. I understand that it is not mentioned on the website that if you return the device then the account will be cancelled. I will forward this feedback to the manager and we will try to make the changes. But I am trying to provide you the correct information.

what the hell is going on?  can anyone explain that.

Message 1 of 3
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @imnomee 

Regarding the Change Of Mind policy, it quite clearly states

Whilst our stores are temporarily closed across the UK, we’ve introduced a temporary process to help customers who want to return their order and cancel their connection.

Once you’ve got your new purchase in your hand, you have 28 days if you want to exchange it. You can only swap an item once, or you can have your money back. Either way, you’ll need to contact us within 28 days of purchase and tell us you want to change your mind.

If you’re exchanging your device for another model, there may be extra charges depending on what you choose.

You need to contact O2 on any of the numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Currently 0800 587 4005 is the best once to call.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

KingAmo
Level 15: Gaining a Reputation
  • 287 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 30 Solutions
@imnomee

Well as far as I know under the change of mind policy, you accept that you're no longer interested in the device you bought. So O2 will in turn refund your device cost you've paid.
If you wish to get a new device then you have to return the phone under the change of mind policy, then your agreement with O2 on that device will be cancelled and money refunded. You can decide to order the phone of your preference after that.

O2 can only exchange device when they are faulty.

Remember every device has its own payment plan available hence that. I hope this little helps
Message 2 of 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122764 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

Hi @imnomee 

Regarding the Change Of Mind policy, it quite clearly states

Whilst our stores are temporarily closed across the UK, we’ve introduced a temporary process to help customers who want to return their order and cancel their connection.

Once you’ve got your new purchase in your hand, you have 28 days if you want to exchange it. You can only swap an item once, or you can have your money back. Either way, you’ll need to contact us within 28 days of purchase and tell us you want to change your mind.

If you’re exchanging your device for another model, there may be extra charges depending on what you choose.

You need to contact O2 on any of the numbers in this guide Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Currently 0800 587 4005 is the best once to call.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 3