cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't update credit card details

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've not been able to update the expiriy date on my pay and go credit card on the O2 website for auto topup - all I get is a message "oops something has gone wrong". Its been like this for 6 months now, and almost ever month I've phoned O2's customer services team or visited one of the shops, all of whom have demonstrated a consistantly dismal level of support and done nothing - in each case they have promised faithfully that someone will contact me, but on one has, and each time I call back there is aparently no record of my previous calls. Setting aside the appalling customer service, does anyone know of a soloution to this problem?
Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Seems like the proverbial 'hot potatoes' scenario.

Maybe one of the Community Managers on the forum can be of assistance as I've no more suggestions myself.

If you contact them I'm sure they will try to assist.

@Toby

@Chiara.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Sorry your having issue with getting this sorted and ringing Customer Services on 202 for contract customers or 4445 for Payg is your way forward. Sometimes people will come across an unheplful person due to whatever reasons but 6 months is not good.

Are you able to ask for the current Credit Card details to be deleted and start again !

Points of contact for 02 :

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

e mail

https://www.o2.co.uk/apps/help/help

The complaint route is ;

http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

I hope all goes well for you.

Message 2 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Many thanks for your reply.  I don't really believe that Customer Services are the soloution - while they are very courteous and polite, they don't seem to have any idea how to solve the problem. The people in the shops refer me to the telephone helpline, while those on the telephone refer me to the shops, each assuring me that the other one has the ability to solve the problem. I don't really believe that either has any idea how to deal with this, and its a buck-passing exercise. 

What I was hoping was that one of the Community had come across this problem before and knew a way around it, and I could then bring this to Customer Service's attention.

But regarding deleting of the old card details, yes requested that each time I've contacted O2, aparently it has to be done by another department within O2, I can't contact them directly, only by way of Customer Services, and as CS don't seem to have the time or inclination to do this the old card remains.

Message 3 of 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

Seems like the proverbial 'hot potatoes' scenario.

Maybe one of the Community Managers on the forum can be of assistance as I've no more suggestions myself.

If you contact them I'm sure they will try to assist.

@Toby

@Chiara.

Message 4 of 4