Did you mean: 

Can’t text Ireland from the UK

Dervnc
Level 1: Joiner
  • 4 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Hi!

I’m on contract & tried to text this morning to get in touch with a place I’m staying this weekend. I tried to text them and it automatically failed. So I went on and added the £3 International bolt on on… Still appears as message failed? Any advice?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122893 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7467 Solutions

@Dervnc 

Have you text this place before with no problem? It sounds as if you may need a new sim.

Take your sim out, gently clean it with a lint free cloth reinsert and reboot the phone. Also if you have another phone and you try it in there and the text still fails you need a new sim.

You can get one online, instore or by calling O2 on any of the numbers in this guide.

Guide: Coronavirus Community Help and Support 

Edited to add, check first whether ypu have a spend cap applied Guide: Spend caps on O2 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10157 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3007 Solutions
@Dervnc

Have you checked the mobile number is correct, and you are using +353 as Country code,.

Also check your phone is allowing sending of International / premium charges, also you don't have a zero spend cap.
- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

TheresaV
  • 1930 Posts
  • 80 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

Hi @Dervnc did you manage to find out what the issue was with the suggestions given above?

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 4 of 4