cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t send text message error code 38, however i can send text to number if i delete contact

Dave76
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi All

Apologies if this has been asked before.

Last year i stopped being able to send text messages to one number. I get an error code 38.

After searching for the solution i have discovered if i delete the text thread and the contact, i am able to text the number again. But as soon as they reply to my text, I am unable to send them text messages again.

I then have to delete the text thread and contact following the same process…..which works until they reply again, where i cant message the contact yet again.

this is very frustrating and it is only one contact.

i have checked my blocked numbers and theirs and they are not blocked. I also spoke to staff in an O2 shop who were unable to help me.

i am using a google pixel 7a currently but this started with my previous phone which was a pixel 4a, and changing mobile phones did not solve the problem.

any advice greatly appreciated

many thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147001 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@Dave76 

Try a different text app to see if it continues or not.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 2