cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't see my mobile contract account and O2 wont help or respond

Anonymous
Not applicable

In starting this thread I'm hoping that someone at O2 will see it and finally respond to me.

I entered into a monthly mobile contract with O2 in October last year and have since that time been unable to see any bill/account statement online. This is because the O2 store set me up with a new account and because I have O2 broadband with different account login details, the accounts were merged so I could use both with one login. Since that point I am unable to view bills online.

I have been contacting O2 customer support by phone who tried to resolve it but couldn't. They said they'd pass it on to the technical team but they haven't resolved it or contacted me. When I've phoned again the customer support team go through the whole process again but still no resolution.

I then tried writing to O2 but have not had any response. Crazy that for a 21st Century communications company you need to resort to 19th century communications (Royal Mail) to contact them (where is email contacts!?).

After taking legal advice I've been advised that O2 are acting contrary to the law in charging me and taking my money without giving me access to a statement of those charges. I am therefore writing to O2 again to give them a one month deadline for resolution, or I will cancel the direct debit and return my phone to the local O2 shop, as I am not prepared to be charged for something I can't see or check.

I don't anticipate a response again, so hopefully this forum thread will be picked up by someone at O2.

Message 1 of 8
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Try logging a complaint http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Are you using the log in details that were sent to you when you got your phone contract, as a new account would have been set up for you then with a different log in.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes that is the whole point. I was set up with a totally new account when I go the phone. Then the phone and broadband accounts were merged and now I can't see any bill. Regardless of whether I log in with the broadband account or the original phone account, I can't see any bill/statement. It must be a technical problem with their online accounts but O2 are unable or unwilling to resolve it.

Message 3 of 8

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Sounds like your account needs a simple reset. It shouldn't be beyond CS to press a few buttons and resolve it for you.

Currently using:
Message 4 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

You'd think so wouldn't you, but they had to pass it on to their technical team and they don't resolve it or contact me. Each time I phone them I go through the whole process again.

Message 5 of 8

MI5
  • 144096 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
Try logging a complaint http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C...

Currently using:
Message 6 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I had a similar problem - I couldn't see my account details and after (lots of) investigating discovered I had 2 accounts - one using my email address to sign in (which showed details of an old account closed down last year) and another using a sign-in I don't recall from anywhere (not my flavour, if that makes sense).

I discovered that you can link two accounts (details under My O2) and provided you're careful to select the correct account to keep it's only a few clicks to merge the two together.

You need both login details of course, but the current ones should be to hand and if you still have (or can reset with O2 help) the old login it's fairly straightforward.

Worked for me - hope it's useful to you....

Message 7 of 8

GriMyvow2024
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been paying for the mont

I have been paying 02 on a SIM only contact,they recently took£75 from my bank and no explanation,the SIM card doesn't work, that's why I'm on pay as you go,would really like to know what they are up to!!!

Message 8 of 8