Did you mean: 

Can't see my data allowance

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hello and happy 2015:)

I've got a PayM phone line and a tablet line with O2 and not able to see my data usage be it via the myO2 website or a smartphone app. For the past 5 or so days I get the "there's a problem,  please try later"  message instead of my data allowance figures. Everything else (txt/mins,  bills,  charges,  bolt-ons etc)  displays just fine. 

Tried the O2 chat,  but they are as useless as always ("have you tried to change your browser,  sir? ",  as if I did not mention that the problem exists not just when trying to use a website, but the myO2 app as well). 

Oddly enough,  I can see my data allowances for both devices I own via the shareddata.o2.co.uk, but not via the main dashboard of myO2 website and not via the myO2 app either. 

Anyone else having a similar experience? 

Cheers

Eric

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Someone else has reported the same issue and I'm wondering if it is a consequence of the shared data tariffs?
Either way, I would advise you call 202 to report it and ask for it to be looked at for you.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cyrillicguy wrote:

Hello and happy 2015:)

I've got a PayM phone line and a tablet line with O2 and not able to see my data usage be it via the myO2 website or a smartphone app. For the past 5 or so days I get the "there's a problem,  please try later"  message instead of my data allowance figures. Everything else (txt/mins,  bills,  charges,  bolt-ons etc)  displays just fine. 

Tried the O2 chat,  but they are as useless as always ("have you tried to change your browser,  sir? ",  as if I did not mention that the problem exists not just when trying to use a website, but the myO2 app as well). 

Oddly enough,  I can see my data allowances for both devices I own via the shareddata.o2.co.uk, but not via the main dashboard of myO2 website and not via the myO2 app either. 

Anyone else having a similar experience? 

Cheers

Eric

Hi

I would circumvent Live Chat for account based enquiries and as indicated speak to Uk Customer Services on the numbers supplied. 

Would you please let us know how you get on.

Message 3 of 18

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Well,  the O2 chat advisor said she would forward it to the techies and they are supposed to get back to me within 5 working days.  Should I keep holding my breath?  wink 

The thought about those shared data tariffs having something to do with it has crossed my mind as well tbh, though I have switched to the shared data plans practically on the day they were launched and all was good until the last week. 

Message 4 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

I have been able to see this via my laptop. I am on contract though. As said it has been a problem for others from the mobile app....

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 18

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
That is the same as CS will tell you if you call so I would wait 5 days and see what happens - Mind you, I'm still waiting for a 5 day call back from the end of Nov last year wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@cyrillicguy wrote:

Well,  the O2 chat advisor said she would forward it to the techies and they are supposed to get back to me within 5 working days.  Should I keep holding my breath?  wink 

The thought about those shared data tariffs having something to do with it has crossed my mind as well tbh, though I have switched to the shared data plans practically on the day they were launched and all was good until the last week. 

Maybe a post Christmas 'glitch' that they are working on....:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 7 of 18

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Just a thought as well... 

Lots of folks seem to be dissapointed by the O2 chat advising to phone 202 instead... I understand why ,  but... 

Should O2 not make a proper effort to make sure that regardless of how we contact them,  we would receive the same good quality of service? 

Or should I just keep dreaming on? slight_smile 

Message 8 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@cyrillicguy wrote:

Just a thought as well... 

Lots of folks seem to be dissapointed by the O2 chat advising to phone 202 instead... I understand why ,  but... 

Should O2 not make a proper effort to make sure that regardless of how we contact them,  we would receive the same good quality of service? 

Or should I just keep dreaming on? slight_smile 

Keep dreaming. We have been saying the same for a long time ...to no effect sadly

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 9 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Just to add....some O2 advisors are telling customers to come here to the forum. That should tell you something...:smileywink:

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 10 of 18