Did you mean: 

Can't see my data allowance

cyrillicguy
Level 8: Talented
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Hello and happy 2015:)

I've got a PayM phone line and a tablet line with O2 and not able to see my data usage be it via the myO2 website or a smartphone app. For the past 5 or so days I get the "there's a problem,  please try later"  message instead of my data allowance figures. Everything else (txt/mins,  bills,  charges,  bolt-ons etc)  displays just fine. 

Tried the O2 chat,  but they are as useless as always ("have you tried to change your browser,  sir? ",  as if I did not mention that the problem exists not just when trying to use a website, but the myO2 app as well). 

Oddly enough,  I can see my data allowances for both devices I own via the shareddata.o2.co.uk, but not via the main dashboard of myO2 website and not via the myO2 app either. 

Anyone else having a similar experience? 

Cheers

Eric

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Cleoriff,  both of my lines affected are PayM contract ones as well. 

Message 11 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122813 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@cyrillicguy wrote:

Cleoriff,  both of my lines affected are PayM contract ones as well. 

Yes I made a mistake when I looked quickly at what you had posted.:smileywink: However, that being so, as said I could see mine on laptop earlier... but haven't checked on my phone.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 18

cyrillicguy
  • 247 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

Cleoriff 

Is that what some of them actually say?  Never came across something like that personally,  but somehow that doesn't surprise me at all slight_smile 

Seems that one of the key signs of our times is a rapidly spreading "can't do"  attitude..... 

Message 13 of 18

Cleoriff
  • 122813 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7466 Solutions

@cyrillicguy wrote:

Cleoriff 

Is that what some of them actually say?  Never came across something like that personally,  but somehow that doesn't surprise me at all slight_smile 

Seems that one of the key signs of our times is a rapidly spreading "can't do"  attitude..... 

That is what some posters have told us. Quite ironic that they get paid to tell their customers that..LOL

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 14 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cyrillicguy wrote:

Just a thought as well... 

Lots of folks seem to be dissapointed by the O2 chat advising to phone 202 instead... I understand why ,  but... 

Should O2 not make a proper effort to make sure that regardless of how we contact them,  we would receive the same good quality of service? 

Or should I just keep dreaming on? slight_smile 

Think positive thoughts for 5 days and then if no promised follow up call -> ask why would be my avenue to deal with this. 

Message 15 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

@cyrillicguy wrote:

Just a thought as well... 

Lots of folks seem to be dissapointed by the O2 chat advising to phone 202 instead... I understand why ,  but... 

Should O2 not make a proper effort to make sure that regardless of how we contact them,  we would receive the same good quality of service? 

Or should I just keep dreaming on? slight_smile 

That is a huge ask and one that, for all my positivity, just cannot see it happening. live chat are the pits and basically just go to show how Telefonica rate customers. Or rather how they don't rate us. 

Some of the Customer Services have been outsourced to Capita I believe. The description I would use is "disaster". 

O2 really are snatching defeat from the jaws of victory but sadly they either can't or more likely won't acknowledge it.

As for your 5 days I wouldn't hold your breath. 

Message 16 of 18

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93181 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6967 Solutions

I find it sad that a company which once prided itself on customer service has now descended into the realms of abject apathy shown to their customers. Live chat, I can't add to what's been said on numerous threads but their introduction was when the wheels started to fall off.

Despite this O2 regularly come out top in customer satisfaction so they must be doing something right. I had the same problem with both the app and web based version of My O2 for 3 days at the end of December but as is normally the case, the issue resolved itself without the need to contact customer service. Hope your own problem gets sorted asap.

Message 17 of 18

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Mind you, I'm still waiting for a 5 day call back from the end of Nov last year wink

Hi @MI5 ,

Send me a message if you need me to chase that slight_smile

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 18 of 18