Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls or texts since port

Ar22
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

Hi All,

My number ported over from three on Monday 5th June. The number in my o2 is correct, I can use data and make calls. However, I can't receive any text messages and I can only receive calls from people on o2. When anyone from another network tries to call me they get a message stating that the number is not recognised.

I contacted the o2 social media team who checked with the porting team. The porting have said everything with the port looks correct and that everything has come over from three ok. They are now stating that they will check with the network team who will be in touch within 5 working days but I am worried this won't be sorted . If the port had come through correctly I'm not sure what else would be causing the issue. I have done all the usual restarting the phone and resetting network settings.

I've read a number of other posts on here with people who have had the same issue with ports from three seemingly being a common factor recently

Can someone from the o2 team please look into this and chase this up? @O2Sarah- 

Thanks

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16

Chloedaniel
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I am experiencing a similar issue after porting over from Sky. Please can you help me with this?

Message 11 of 17

Oxonian
Level 29: Intuitive
  • 6437 Posts
  • 116 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@Chloedaniel 

Does anything in Guide: Migration & porting into O2  help you ? 

Message 12 of 17

Chloedaniel
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Unfortunately not

Message 13 of 17

Chloedaniel
  • 3 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi. I am experiencing a similar issue after porting over from Sky. Please can you help me with this?

Message 14 of 17

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 6814 Posts
  • 50 Topics
  • 1521 Solutions

@Chloedaniel There are no staff here now. They were withdrawn  July past.

We can only keep referring you back to O2. 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 15 of 17

Stressed02
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

What's the solution I've looked everywhere, I'm in a similar situation however O2 is not resolving it.

Message 16 of 17

Cleoriff
  • 123403 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

@Stressed02 wrote:

What's the solution I've looked everywhere, I'm in a similar situation however O2 is not resolving it.

@Stressed02Answered here on your other post:

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Pay-Monthly/Can-t-receive-calls-or-texts-since-virgin-migrations/td-p/... 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 17 of 17