cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive calls or texts on 4G Connection??

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I upgraded my old iPhone to a new one (iPhone 5S 16GB Gold Pay Monthly) this March. For some reason from yesterday (haven’t dropped the phone or spilt anything on it) I can’t receive calls (goes straight to voicemail) or receive texts while I have a 4G connection – I can however make calls and receive/send Mobile Data. If I turn Mobile Data off or if I am on 3G/2G connection (turn off 4G) I can receive calls/make calls/receive texts/send texts/receive and send Mobile Data. I don’t know how being on 4G connection doesn’t allow me to receive calls or texts??

I went to the Apple Store today and they ran a diagnostic but couldn’t find anything wrong with the phone. They said to check with O2 and if they find no problems I should come back to the Apple Store so they can run more tests. I went to the O2 Store today and they did basic some checks and found no problems as well. I have an appointment tomorrow with an O2 Guru so they can do more tests.

I restored my phone last night and did some resets on network, etc, but to no avail. I also have the latest phone/carrier updates.

The phone is under warranty and I also have insurance. I searched online and I couldn’t find anything on this issue. Does anyone here have an idea on this?

Many thanks,

E

Message 1 of 18
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'd suggest a sim swap first (do it in the O2 shop and they will do it all for you).
If that doesn't help - back to Apple......
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Are there any faults or work showing for your area ?
http://status.o2.co.uk/
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 2 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

I tried the phone in various locations and it's still the same issue. I did a check just now and all the locations I have entered had no issues.

Message 3 of 18

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
I'd suggest a sim swap first (do it in the O2 shop and they will do it all for you).
If that doesn't help - back to Apple......

Currently using:
Message 4 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I will give that a go - thanks.

Message 5 of 18

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Let us know how it goes......

Currently using:
Message 6 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Will do - thanks.

Message 7 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable

Issue is now resolved, Sim Card was the issue - thanks mate!!

Message 8 of 18

MI5
  • 143455 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Thanks for the update - we've had a few more reporting similar issues so it's good to know the outcome slight_smile

Currently using:
Message 9 of 18

Anonymous
Not applicable
An old thread but the same issue.

Today I am out and about and have a 4g signal on my Note 3 plus 2/3 bars.

Can I make or receive calls? No
Can I send or receive texts? No

This also happens at my home address. If my phone latches on to 4g then no calls or texts.

I am rapidly losing confidence in o2. The network is meant to be improving yet o2 expect you to change your phone settings everytime you want to use your phone.
Message 10 of 18