cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive MMS

Anonymous
Not applicable

When I get sent an MMS message, I jsut get a link to view the message rather than the message itself. I have a SIM-free Galaxy S3 but with O2 contract SIM.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
The S3 should read the details off the SIM automatically for the correct apn settings. I'd try removing the SIM and restarting the phone. If still not working then text "Active" to 2020, save and apply settings then reboot the phone. Do you have MMS enabled on your account?
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 8

Pickles
Level 17: Luminescent
  • 564 Posts
  • 10 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Have you got your media messages set up?  Try texting ACTIVE to 2020 to see if you get your message settings sent to your phone again.

Samsung S8
Message 3 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've used MMS before on this contract. My APN settings are mobile.o2.co.uk for internet and O2 Pay Monthly MMS (wap.o2.co.uk). Sent ACTIVE to 2020 but had no reply

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions
May be best to call CS and have MMS re provisioned on your account. Sounds like it has got itself confused....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Message 5 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

phone cs & see if you have mms provisioned on your account as it may have been taken off

Message 6 of 8

MI5
  • 144336 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27666 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

phone cs & see if you have mms provisioned on your account as it may have been taken off

Wasn't that what I said ??

Currently using:
Message 7 of 8

Anonymous
Not applicable

oops sorry, i'll delete as i wrote from my iphone & wasnt suppose to put that. **bleep** auto correct

Message 8 of 8