Did you mean: 

Can't port an O2 number to a new O2 contract

SpencerB
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all

I happily had 3 mobile numbers on Virgin Media, along with pretty much everything else, that have now all been ported to O2 (on 2 separate O2 accounts but that is another story). 

I just found a great deal with O2 and wanted to move one of my contracts to this. Not a problem I thought, I would just request a PAC as the number is on a 30 day rolling contract and then set up as a new account. However, and here's the rub, O2 are telling me that because the number was ported from VM to O2 I can't move it to a new O2 contract. I could move it to Vodafone but can't stay with O2 😞

Not sure what level of insanity this is that O2 are telling me I can't stay with them unless I get a free Lebara Sim and port twice. It is easier just to move to Vodafone who are offering basically the same deal.

Any ideas before I leave......

thank you

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24015 Posts
  • 1046 Topics
  • 3774 Solutions

@SpencerB If your sim is already on O2 you don't need a PAC. See if anything in this guide helps:

Migration & porting into O2 - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 5

SpencerB
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

@Bambino O2 can't match the deal so it will be a brand new contract through a reseller but still on O2 as ideally I want to keep roaming. This is why I want to port from the old number/contract to a new one and not just stay as I would end up with 2 contracts. 

Message 3 of 5

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12630 Posts
  • 95 Topics
  • 1155 Solutions

Can you do it as an upgrade through the reseller @SpencerB ?

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 4 of 5

SpencerB
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I don't think so, there were different prices for this and even so it did not seem doable. I like the idea of a new contract and just porting the number

Message 5 of 5